NORTHGATE OMNI PLUS

How did you figure out that the Omni Key on the Northgate Omni Plus and Omni
Ultra keyboards is key number zero in the XyWrite keyboard file? I am using
XyWrite III Plus on an HP QS-20 (386) and have assigned 0=RD in my keyboard
file. It works fine. I have also gotten 0=BD and other functions to work as
well. However, my son uses XyWrite III Plus on an HP ES-12 (286) and 0=RD (or
any other Xy function) will not work on his machine. When we run TEST.KBD on
both machines, they both give a cyrillic C, ASCII 128, whenever the Omni key is
pressed. But only the QS-20
 allows XyWrite to interpret 0=(function) in the keyboard file. Any idea why
one machine (with a 286) will not allow assignment of key 0 in a XyWrite
keyboard file and another machine (386) WILL allow it ?

Benny