Re: so, if you had a....

At 07:04 PM 1/4/01 -0600, William Allen wrote:
>So, if you had a Brother MFC-8300 laser printer that you bought for the
>convenience of a combo printer, fax, and copier and because you often use
>Word and only when you got home did you remember that you still use XyWrite
>3, would you
>1. return the new printer and get your money back and decide that you're
>stuck with old printers that still have drivers for XyWrite
>2. return the new printer and get something HP inkjet in hopes that some
>driver will work
>3. Abandon XyWrite

I wouldn't give up before trying all the old drivers. Maybe one of them
works. And if it doesn't, why not just export XY files and print from
something else? Tim Olson posted and excellent XY-Word conversion macro
here that preserves most all formatting, if Turd is what you must use.
I certainly will never give up XYwrite, unless something better comes
along. No idea what that could be though.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)