Re: Nota Bene

> 2) I would not change to Nota Bene unless there were strong benefits.

I certainly think that there is no shortage of strong benefits. Nathan
Sivin's posting of 8/19 mentions some of them.

> 3) I work in an environment where I am the only XyWrite user. Would
Nota
> Bene be more agreeable to Word users, who can't imagine using a
command line.

Our RTF filter allows you to convert NB files to RTF. Your Word-user
colleagues can open the RTF file with little if any loss of formatting.
If they would like to consider converting to NB themselves, they can
direct the program exclusively with the mouse -- though I would
recommend developing at least some level of comfort with looking at the
codes in codes/expanded view.

> 4)Is there a way to try Nota Bene without paying?

You can download a demo of Scholar's Workstation from
http://www.notabene.com/winsws_demo.html
Or call us at 1800-4NB-ORDER (1-800-462-6733) or 212-334-0445 and we
will send you a demo on CD (it's free, of course). The demo is limited
for 90 days from the date it is installed on your computer. Printing
and conversion from NB to other formats is disabled. Otherwise, you
will have the whole program.

Thanks for your interest.

Anne

Anne Putnam