Re: Migrating to Mac

Jon,

At the risk of confusing you further, I am using CrossOver, instead of
DosBox (which I also tried briefly). Wineskin will surely work as well.

In all cases, the trick to getting Xy to run in a virtual environment
on a Mac is to get things in the right folders. You do not need
partitions on a Mac (ever, for any reason).

I attach a screenshot of the path where I placed both the VDOS.app and
my Xy folders.

Start CrossOver first, create a "bottle" or container which points to
the folder where your app is stored: VDOS or Wineskin or, as you can
see from my screenshot, any other app such as WinCommander (like
Norton Commander, with color!).

Once the container exists, you drag your files into the path and start
the app (VDOS or Wineskin); follow the instructions (see screenshots
vdos-install-001 to 007).

Do not try to install Xy! Drag a functioning copy into the path.

When Xy first boots inside VDOS, it may not have loaded the keyboard
or prn (screen driver) files, so you may have to manually load these
(see screen shots).

Good luck.