Re: Re[2]: A Win95 question

TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> The spelling checker for Xy4 is identical to the one in XyIII, if you use the
> Microlytics speller.

Tim, could you explain this for a newcomer to this group? I'm using
XyDos 4.01 and it came with a spell-checker. I don't know from
Microlytics. Also I'm puzzled by your statement that it's identical to
the one in XyIII, since in my version, it most definitely is not. Oh,
wait-- XyIII-- I had XyIII+. Is that significant? Anyway, the Xy4
spell-checker is a real step backward and a pain in the neck. Am I
hallucinating?

> The one that IBM originally had us ship was a dog.
> Maybe you're inadvertently using that one?

Is this my problem? If so, where do I get the other one?

> The main fault of the Xy4 Microlytics checker is in cursor placement, and
> that's a major defect. I've created a keyboard work-around for that
> (reported here), but it's far from ideal.

Cursor placement...  Okay, I give up. What mean
you?

Jane Stein
hane@xxxxxxxx