FAX.PGM for XY4 on Win95

Here it is. I'm attaching a small ZIP file; I hope it works. I'm sure I'll
get howls if it comes thru as plaintext! Then I'll have to mail a copy to
Nathan for posting.

There were some tricky parts, especially with error checking. Win95 does a
kind of multitasking, so you can't simply invoke a DOS session and suspend
the XPL code till it's done--Win95 blithely lets the XPL finish!

The program seems to work fine on my 2 machines. Be sure to read the
extensive comments. For instance, the WordPad location is hard-coded, and if
you have an other-than-standard installation you may need to modify things.

Also, the code for doing the conversions is interesting in that it shows you
generally how to do file conversions from the command line (or from an XPL
program rather than the menus). Note in particular the switch settings,
including the very necessary /N.

Have fun!

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx