Re: re HP5 driver

Annie:

We should have spoken sooner. I just ordered my Adobe 3.x drivers from Adobe
for about $30 plus shipping. Figured if I couldn't download them for free
from the Adobe FTP site I'd have to pay for them. They say I'm getting some
nifty new fonts too.

Anyway, in the real world (where I'm a reporter) I like to read the New York
Times the night before it's available in Washington. I can get it off the
Net (soon they'll have the whole paper up there). But you need the Adobe
reader to make it work. And to make *that* work, you need the Adobe level-3
drivers.

All of that runs, of course, under Windows, which runs under OS/2. Only
Windows has been transmuted on my machine by an IBM program called
WPSHELL.EXE to have the look and feel and otherwise behave like the OS/2 PM
desktop. (Some people prefer do to the reverse.)

An Ultravision conditioned version of XyWrite runs as a VDM on the OS/2
desktop as a child of Back & Forth, which is hotkey a DOS task switcher and
the respository of my remaining DOS programs (e.g. XTree, Tapicis).