RE: re HP5 driver

>"In high school, however, he was weaned on my customized version of XyWrite,"
>
>... possibly the only xyUser under the age of 40 who's not a reporter.

Probably not. Until about a year ago, Smith College was a XyWrite
campus. (All the public computing sites required one to have taken the
introductory XY tutorial before being turned loose on their machines).
My Nota Bene-trained daughter successfully overcame the crippled
keyboard mappings and survived 4 years. There are many hundreds of
others graduated over a 6-8 year period, who have probably moved on to
other programs/platforms, but the seed was planted... And I'd guess
there may have been other XY campuses... If TTG launched a national
search, another generation might yet be retrieved.

Dorothy Day, Indiana University SLIS
day@xxxxxxxx