Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Carl Distefano wrote:
 to make the program smarter, I could add a check to require that the
"{\rtf" flag occurs at Top of File before RTF format is assumed. That would eliminate false positives of the kind that caused your
conversion to bomb. Yes, I should do that... Done!
SNIP
Thanks. This time, I Saved the post as a file, then merged it into
e:\xyinfo\2006\06nov.txt. Then, for the heck of it, I copied and
clip-pasted it, and ran file compare on the two versions. Again, Tbird
had stuck in an extra end-of-line (i.e,, its own mark, not [cr|lf],
between
and
<}PR{012}
What is really interesting (in Lenin's sense; title of a pamphlet: On the Left [or maybe it was "the Right"] Deviationists, or How Insanity Is Sometimes Interesting) is that that extra line break is NOT in the post as it appears in the Inbox, but only pops up when I hit Ctrl-U to view the underlying text. Go figure.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx