Re: U2 Query: file locations

Robert Holmgren  wrote:
U2UTILS.EXE has been updated, and there are now two BATch files in it, one for 9x (U2UTL9x.BAT) and one for NT (U2UTLNT.BAT), which automatically install everything in the ZIP for you in the appropriate directories. ≪
Thank you. I had started working on something like that (having 5
machines to update), but you forestalled me.

≫ If its a guest machine (i.e. you're a guest on a borrowed machine)≪
Yes. This is mostly for testing XP problems on the office machine, and possibly running Xy off my brother's Macs, if any of them have DOS/Win emulators.

≫run Editor off a BATch file like this **from Editor's directory**:

 @echo off
 setlocal
 echo. @PROMPT e0'SET UTOO='$_rcx$_9$_w0$_q>.\UTOO.BAT
 %COMSPEC% /c .\UTOO.BAT|debug .\UTOO.BAT
 cd≫.\UTOO.BAT
 for %%s in (CALL DEL) do %%s .\UTOO.BAT
 set PATH=%UTOO%;%PATH%;
 editor.exe

Simple, huh?
Wow! I thought I knew batch language, but that's got a lot of stuff that's new to me. Powerful, too. "Setlocal" triggers a "Bad command or file name" under 9x (no problem when run from a kmd prompt though, so I assume it's an NT call?), but otherwise it works as expected. Thanks again.
OT: Anyone know anything about Python? A whole setup of it got dumped on
my c: drive when I installed a demo. Is it useful? Safe? Worth
investigating (given that I don't have time to breathe as it is)?

Patricia M. Godfrey