R: IBM dictionaries

Thanks to Holmgreen's instructions, I downloaded some ".dic" dictionaries
from IBM web site.
Among others, the major problem I encountered using them is the frequent
crashes of Xy4 when autocheck is active (Alt-F7). Curiously, the crash is
immediate if such a new dictionary (US, or French or Italian) is set as the
default in the settings.dfl file. The crash is only "frequent", in place of
"immediately sure", when the default is set for one of the previous older
".dic" dictionaries, being the new one activated later via "UD xxx"
command.
Somebody encountered (and, may be, solved) this same problem?

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx