Re: xshell & 669

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Fri, 6 Jun
2003 11:05:27 -0700

Morris:

> If I am running Xy4 under dos, I would like to know how to
> obtain its name on the systray and where must save get 669 be
> located

It's no longer necessary to set Save/Get 669. All you need do is
edit the relevant variables in XYWWWEB.REG, the U2 user variable
Registry file. First, issue REGEDIT XyShell. This brings
you to a list of XyShell "shared variables". The two variables you
need to edit are XyShell_Installed_Y|N and Exit_Process_Xy4.

XyShell_Installed_Y|N tells U2 whether XyShell is installed, or not;
set it to Yes, like this:

XyShell_Installed_Y|N=Y

Exit_Process_Xy4 ensure that when a program launched with XyShell
terminates, it returns to XyWrite. Set it to the name assigned to
Xy4 on the SysTray, at the bottom of the Desktop screen, when Xy4 is
running and minimized. If you launch Xy4 from a shortcut on the
Desktop, it's the name of the shortcut. For example,

Exit_Process_Xy4=Xy4DOS

Don't modify the other two variables in this group,
Exit_Process_XyWin and Exit_Process_NBWin. Remember to
SAve XYWWWEB.REG after editing.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx