Re: XSHIFT

Amazing! XyQuest tech support had told me, some years ago, that XSHIFT was the
name I should use -- and since all XY KBD files have a SHIFT state, it must
have been predicatable that mine did too.
 My intent is not to replace the normal SHIFT table with XSHIFT. Rather, I'm
trying to define an additional shifting key (the tilde) which has its own table
of definitions. Someday, if the need arises, I may even combine it with other
shifting keys in other tables.
 If the name XSHIFT is the source of my troubles, what are the rules for
naming shifting tables in KBD files? The only rule I'd ever heard was that one
should not use names known to DOS. -- sps