Re: A Real puzzler

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Also NB being ANSI based doesn't leave me with garbage characters for the curly quotes et al. the way Xy to GSview does.
Not here. And I'm a real stickler for smart quotes and real
em and en dashes. (And no, that's not self-publishing: it's
a realistic acknowledgement that most of the greenhorns in
the publishing industry don't know the difference between
smart and dumb quotes, hyphens, en, and em dashes. If I
don't do them at my end, they'll NEVER get put in.)
Anyway, if default LA=850 and 264 is used for open, and 265
for close, they come out fine under PostGhst. Now the Xy HP
drivers cannot produce them on current HP deskjets. I don't
know whether the PCL coding changed, or the older HP
printers didn't support them, or what.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx