Re: Xywrite with Windows 98

> . . . The error message is something like "can't find file
> c:\win...."...[then I can't read the rest]. A friend's guess is that it's a
> path problem, and I should just plug in C:\Xywrite in the new autoexec.bat
> file in windows 98.

Art,

That _ought_ to do it. In fact, I would put in the path statement both
your XY directory and your AOL directory too. Also: check out your
xywrite startup.int and see if you have a default path for your
temporary XyWrite files. There should be a line in there like this:

default dr=c:\xy\temp

or whatever.

Naturally, the subdirectory temp must actually exist! Ah, but you _knew_
that, didn't you :-)

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll cogitate on it some more.

Best,

Thanks leslie...I don't know if I have temp subdirectory of Xywrite, and don't
know what it's used for...My techie, of course, doesn't know anything about
xywrite. But I'll try to figure it out. It turns out that at least two of my
critical functions -- loading an e-mail stripping printer driver (the command
is "lp e-mail.prn") and the "typef ,c:\DIRECTORY/FILE" functions work in the
main Xywrite directory and subdirectories in my old Dos computer -- but not in
my new Ms-DOS in Win98 environment. Any idea why and what can be done about
it? The tech guy at technology group was stumped. What do you do to make sure,
by the way, if you use Xywrite in an MS-DOS /Win 98 environment to make sure
it prints correctly following your DOS instructions?
      Thanks, Art Levine.