Re: Wildcard replace and no 64k limit

>> Am I the only one who is in love with wildcard search-and-replace in Xy4? (I
>> use only the DOS version, from Win95--which works wonderfully). I think this
>> is a real enhancement over 3.5x.

  Yes, I use it all the time. Especially now that you can copy selected
text to the command line for searching -- it's great. I wish there was a way
to do cha with even larger blocks of text -- or am I missing something? The
limit of what you can copy to the command line is pretty small.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rough ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.