Re: Wildcard replace and no 64k limit

On Wed, 17 Apr 1996, Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Am I the only one who is in love with wildcard search-and-replace in Xy4? (I
> use only the DOS version, from Win95--which works wonderfully). I think this
> is a real enhancement over 3.5x.

I use the wildcard  (the  W, that is) to remove HTML
coding from Internet pages, leaving them in clean ASCII for printing and
storage. Three Ws are usually enough to clear out even long lines of
coding. Search-and-replace also works in replacing "&whatever;" coding
with "and." And of course there's mundane word replacement as well.

Marv Katz