Re: xy3 installation problems

** Reply to message from megarat  on Sat, 29 Nov 2003
19:41:07 -0800 (PST)

> i've downloaded many files from xywrite.com, and i've followed the directions
> found on the web page, "How to Assemble a XyWrite System On-The-Fly" (located
> at http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xylite.shtml ), and i think i've safely
> concluded that xy4 won't work on the QP, etiology unknown.

I know nothing about this QP, but:

What *exactly* happens when you try to implement Xy4-DOS? I.e., when you issue
EDITOR.EXE on the DOS command line, what occurs? Do you see the Xy4 splash
screen? If so, even if it howls whines or beeps at you, or crashes, the
problem is very likely to do with your configuration (quite a delicate matter).
Do you have any prior XyWrite experience?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx