Re: Shift key naming

Reply to note from ajx  Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:25:38
+0100

John:

> As you were aware of problems, I wondered what they were.

But I'm not aware of problems! I have no trouble getting Xy4 to
recognize Tab as a shift key, and I experience none of the "general
instability" you mention.

> I've spent a lot of time trying to eliminate from a heavily
> customized 3.55 kbd file things which 4 might dislike

There should be no need to eliminate anything. Xy3's commands and
functions are a subset of Xy4's. The KBD file syntax is the same.
Your Xy3 KBD file should load in Xy4.

But before you tackle your KBD file, you need to debug STARTUP.INT.
The flaky startup behavior you describe strongly suggests that there
are errors there. Sorry, but I can't get more specific without
actually seeing the file.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx