Re: text to cmd line

Here is how to ABort a file w/o getting a prompt (I was really tickled when
I discovered this one, too!)
I added this to my .kbd file, Ctrl+A. this is a huge problem because
sometime I kill off a file when I mistakenly push Alt+A instead of
Caps+A. But since I have my BC, sa, XC command on F11 and push that at
just about every sentence, it's never much of a problem.

BC AB/nvXC
The /nv is the "no verify" switch that Carl discussed so eloquently a few days ago.

=====
Now, regarding the CH vs CV and CI commands. Today, I think CH and CI are nearly the same thing, because the computer goes so fast. In the olden days, you could actually watch Xy go through a file and make the changes. Now it's over and done with within milliseconds.
I put the prompt for CV for CH, or CI in my program because there are very
infrequent occasions when I don't want to change every occurrence of a
string. One example might be in editing wire copy with the word
"September" in it. AP style dictates that if it refers to a specific date,
it should be Sept. 12, but if it refers to one of the months of the year,
it should be spelled out. In editing a long file with multiple occurrences
of "September" in this situation, the CV command would be very helpful.