Color Problem In Ver 3+

    I'd be grateful for some advice.
    I have been experiencing an odd problem with XyWrite III+ on my new
home computer. The color of the normal mode changes every couple of days. I
then go into the colors.prn file, and change the setting for normal mode to the
number that stands for the color I like (white text on blue background). This
morning, for example, I changed MD NM to to 31. If experience is any guide, in
a few days my screen will change to different colors (say, yellow text on
black). I'll go into the colors.prn file, and find that NM is still set to 31,
but that 31 stands for yellow on black.
    I've used XyWrite for 10 years, and never had this problem. And I
still don't have it on my office computer, just on my new one at home. Many
thanks in advance for any suggestions.
                    Dan