RE: Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine!

But the W2K CD won't install w/o the driver. I've tried. Found out about the driver issue by Googling the problem.
In my experience, everyone who has tried to install a VM OS from a CD has come close to success but ultimately failed. What works -- easily -- are the commonly available ISOs. I am inclined to think that the SCSI issue is a red herring that will disappear when you go to an ISO. The known-to-work ISO I have used with any problems has the filename Windows 2000 SP4 Final 2011 Edition (all updates)\W2K-2011.iso If you google the file name above, you will find numerous torrent links. As I have noted before, Microsoft acknowledges that downloading W2K from such sources is permissible. I use the client utorrent and in several years have never had a virus problem. In the UK, using BT, you will find that the torrent sites which constitute the first hits to the search query above are blocked. The solution is to use OPERA in offroad mode. As insurance, before doing anything of this kind, I always make sure I have a current, complete, ShadowProtect backup. At 21/07/2014 21:53, you wrote:
Kari, But the W2K CD won't install w/o the driver. I've tried. Found out about the driver issue by Googling the problem. Regards, Harry -----Original Message----- From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kari Eveli Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 1:05 PM To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx Subject: Re: Finding W2K was Re: La Machine Est Morte, Vive La Machine! Harry, You should get your W2K up and running without SCSI drivers. There should not be any problems. Download the latest VBox for your platform: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads Then make a new virtual machine using the defaults for W2K. Put the CD in your drive and go. Install Guest Additions on the W2K machine. This has been discussed earlier on this list. Please search archives. Make a shared folder so that you can transfer files. Idem. Machine, settings, Shared folders Or, for once, connect to the MS site using W2K. Download and install. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/ 21.7.2014 19:11, Harry Binswanger wrote: > Maybe this is what I need to get that SCSI driver in so that I can set > it up. Do you mind telling us how to patch the updates in?