Re: XyWrite and Ventura 8 (Re: search/replace program)

Thanks for the posts referring to XyWrite and Ventura8. As I have
written here, I am using Ventura5 instead of Ventura8 but now I have a
task that requires Ventura8 features and I am forced to use the newest
version. Ventura5 managed XyWrite files very well. Every time I edited a
XyWrite file in Ventura5, I could continue to work on it in XyWrite
without any special procedure (no need for conversions, imports, and so
on). Really comfortable! With Ventura8 there is an import filter but not
an export filter. Then it's necessary to check on the "Export On Save"
option in Ventura8 and, every time I go back to XyWrite, to perform a
conversion from RTF, TXT, etc. with some problems. I believe that
Ventura8 is very useful if you concentrate the whole task in it but, in
my case, I am always reediting the file in XyWrite (I am a great fan of
the text screen) and the coming and going path is a lot heavier than
with Ventura5. Keep in mind that I write in a latin language and every
TXT export includes a lot of Ventura codes for stressed characters. So,
it's preferable to use the RTF format and to write a XyWrite macro to
speed up my work. But, anyhow, I miss the old easy path from XyWrite and
Ventura5.
Anyhow, thanks to George and Patricia.
Best regards,
Manuel Castelao