Re: Error message when using U2 120 and new initiation routing

Reply to note from Paul Breeze  Fri, 02
Jan 2015 16:24:09 +0000

Paul,

> I have tried the new frame and I do not see the error message
> with it. However I do find Autohotkey in my system tray, running
> HUH.AHK.

That's as it should be. HUH.AHK is the routine that periodically
archives the command stack in the background. However, the
instructions that I provided with U2 v120 are pre-vDosXy, so HUH.AHK
is probably doing nothing for you (though harmlessly). XyWebU2.int
also launches another AutoHotKey routine, AUTOSAVE.AHK, if and only if
AUTOSAVE.AHK exists in the directory with Editor.exe -- in other
words, if you've launched AutoSAve once, manually, with A ON.
Again, this won't work in vDosXy with existing instructions. (The
issue, by the way, is not due to any defect in vDosXy; it's simply the
fact that vDosXy/vDos doesn't recognize keystrokes with scan codes
higher than 104 or 105 -- probably because DOS itself doesn't. The fix
is easy: reconfiure HUH and AUTOSAVE so that the poked keystrokes have
scan codes that vDos recognizes. I'll make that clear in the revised
instructions and provide suitable defaults.)

> I can easily edit the running of the frame from my STARTUP.INT
> for now and run without any problem so perhaps it makes sense to
> take your advice and wait until you are happy with operations
> before using this routine.

Yes, don't fret, just leave it out. I'm planning to make the new
version user-configurable, so that you can pick and choose which
routines, if any, that you want to run at startup.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx