Re: Error message when using U2 120 and new initiation routing

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Fri, 02 Jan 2015
10:31:54 +0000

Bill,

> ... do we know why these problems exist under vDosXy?
> Philosophically, wouldn't the better solution be for it to
> change?

In a word, no. What I'm referrring to aren't problems with vDosXy,
but differences stemming from the fact that in vDosXy, Xy-DOS is
effectively just another Win program running under the host Windows
system, whereas in other environments Xy is a DOS program running in
a Windows VDM (whether under the host 32-bit Windows or in a virtual
32-bit system running in a VM under 64-bit Windows). I haven't quite
grokked the differences yet -- in many U2-related contexts, they're
subtle -- but I feel that the penny, perhaps inspired by the ball in
Times Square, is about to drop.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx