Re: New program: LFN Utilities - Fixes

** Reply to message from "Martin J. Osborne"  on
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:17:32 -0500

> new longfilename.txt
> produces the mysterious message "new file not found: longfilename.txt".

I can reproduce that, if I say "NEW" instead of "NE". NEW is illegal, but it
is accepted by the frame because the framename is "NE*". In other words, frame
NE* expects to see "NE", "NE/100", "NE/9", or something like that --
the
asterisk is intended to cover a DisplayType argument. Once NEW sneaks into the
program, the program doesn't know what to do with it! The same thing would
probably happen with CALL and READ (also illegal -- use CA and RE), because the
framenames are CA* and RE*, again for DT args.

I just made CALL and NEW legal synonyms. READ is the name of another framename
in U2, so... can't do that one. Changes uploaded to LFN.ZIP at XyWWWeb
(http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/LFN.ZIP).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx