Re: available memory

Paul Lagasse wrote:
In WinXP and in Dosemu/Linux, I have regularly culled and created 3.4 MB text files using XyWrite; a second file is always open as the first grows and is usually c.400KB. Xy seems to fail somewhere above 4 MB of open files in WinXP; the barrier seems to be higher in Dosemu with EMS set to 4096 in .dosemurc
But this would seem to indicate that EMS memory is being used for
Xy and its data files itself, NOT JUST for the one brand of
spell-check dictionary, as we've head so long!
Xy4 had preferred config.sys and/or autoexec.bat settings in the old DOS days, relating to files and buffers I think. I've been searching, trying to find out what those were, because I'd like to tweak the similar files in Dosemu. Does anyone remember what those settings were? Many thanks.
DOSEmu lets you set those? Vista doesn't even have autoexec.nt.
Or at least the initial release didn't; it got added with one of
the updates. Let me see; I think I have the Xy Installation Guide
here someplace.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx