Re: Fonts

Michael Norman wrote:

> Bill, I'm simply looking for a readable (all day) screen
> font to use in WIN

I'm following the discussion of fonts with interest, even
if not participating in it.

For some time I've used Georgia for an on-screen font
in Windows but not for anything else. I find it
readable - though not attractive. Its readability
it seems to me lies in its balance between body and
'scenders (ascenders & descenders - forgive me Bill
for not knowing the terms): the body's big and beefy.

At the same time though I find myself using Book Antiqua
in certain apps, even though its variant of that
relationship is the contrary. It's more readable at
smaller font sizes - 10 for instance - than some
of its otherwise more attractive rivals.

But so much depends on one's eyesight and the size of
screen, resolution and contrast one uses, ..

Georgia is - or was - downloadable from Microsoft, tho'
I haven't got a url.
John