Re: Spooling

** Reply to message from Michael Norman  on Thu, 29 Jan
2004 17:20:34 -0500

Michael:

>> Go to: Administrative Tools ==> Services ==> Print spooler. Disable it.

> Sorry. In W98SE I don't see this skein anywhere -- not in the printer
> properties or any of the areas in control panel. This must be a W2000 option.

To turn off the spooler, you might try this command in DOS:
 net stop "Print Spooler"
To restart the spooler:
 net start "Print Spooler"

These are commonly used "on the fly" when people have spooler malfunctions; if
you use them together, they have the effect of resetting the spooler service.
They work in NT; whether they work in 9x, I don't know (though I'd like to know
-- I wager they don't, but it's certainly worth a try).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx