Re: questions

Caballero wrote:
because it crashes more often,
produces more fragmentation of files, and is in general more flaky. I
know there are a number of users out there who will deny this. So be it.
I've used XY4 on four different machines and experienced the same
failures. Upgrading to the last available version made no difference in
those difficulties.
Yes, but where did you get your Xy installation? As I explained a week
or so ago, it is possible (if you can boot to a Win9x or DOS floppy
and have a FAT or FAT32 drive), to actually install Xy4. But most of
us have been copying installations from one PC to another. And files
can get corrupted. I'm working on creating a pristine, out=of-the-box
"distro" from that, but first I need to carefully compare the various
dates and sizes of various auxiliary files (W4W filters, *.prn, etc).
When that's done, perhaps you'd like to try it.
I use Xy 4 on everything from a K62 (8 years old and still--knock
wood--going strong) with 128 Mb of RAM running 98 initial release to
an AMD Sempron running W2K. Some cursor-screen jerkiness on the
latter, but hardly ever a crash (unless I'm dumb enough to open
Control Panel while Xy is open; bad idea).

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx