Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

On 16 Jan 97 at 2:10, Robert Holmgren wrote:
< What, pray, is the difference between Xy4's Page-Line Mode and Xy3+'s
Draft [nonP-L] Mode (apart from a little horizontal line marking page
breaks)? Please? Don't be bashful. Speak right up. Is this a reason not
to upgrade?>
    No, it's not a reason not to upgrade, and I've been using Xy4
exclusively since Beta. The reason I keep hammering at it is I want to be
sure Nathan puts it on his list of bugs (see his post of 3rd December)
instead of features.
    And yes, I will speak right up - there is a difference aside from
the page break lines. I quote from my orignal posting of Dec. 2:  On my document with 300+ pages and
oodles of footnotes and a 40 MHz processor, that frustration is real.
    Also my December 4th posting pre-confirmed Bob Brody's statement:
. For me, it was searches. What is the
"workaround" for these other actions?
    If it's a Feature, it's an insufficiently debugged feature.  Jim.

James Enterline  144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax .
...............  New York NY 10025   jenterli@xxxxxxxx