Re: XyWin & bug vs. feature

At 02:10 AM 1/16/97 EST, you wrote:

>Now, it seems to me that Xy4's Wrap_to_Fit is an improvement, a very
>desirable feature.

Good point. I think everyone forgot about WF when we were praising, a couple
of months ago, Xy4's advances over Xy3.

And the point is that there are a *lot* of these nice, little features that
you get used to and forget weren't in Xy3.

Let me also note that Xy3's definition of "big files" is anything over 64k.
You don't have to get into the megabyte range to find the "can't scroll ..."
error message in Xy3.

>What, pray, is the difference between Xy4's Page-Line Mode and Xy3+'s Draft
>[nonP-L] Mode (apart from a little horizontal line marking page breaks)?
>Please? Don't be bashful. Speak right up. This is a reason not to
>upgrade??

And leave us not forget, while we are on the subject, that Xy3+ often gets
confused about what the real page and line is. You often get readings that
are just wrong. Sometimes way wrong, sometimes a bit wrong. A bad bug if you
don't know about it. And the solution, as I recall, is to toggle into
eXPanded mode and then back to regular mode (sound familiar?).

Regards,

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx