Re: Off topic: educational methods

Reply to note from Patricia M Godfrey  Fri, 14
Mar 2003 17:18:20 -0500

Patricia:

> These are mature editors taking the course as a brush-up or
> "continuing education," not timid undergrads.

Are the assignments sufficiently edifying? Is the silence perhaps a
polite way of communicating boredom? This may be one of those times
when you're the master of your fate.

To be frank, I have trouble with the notion of a group of
experienced, working editors *needing* a grammar brush-up. Rather
as improbable as college math instructors brushing up on 9th grade
algebra -- aren't these concepts in the air they breathe all day,
every day?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx