Re: Re[2]: Word 7 and WP7 conversion tool

Jim Eberle:
>   Instead of using Keyview, why not just save MS Word 7 as a Text only
>   file with a path and file name that gets it into XyWrite, and use MS
>   7's import facility to bring in an Xy document. You lose the control
>   codes, but so what.

So a lot, actually. What Word calls "text files" is not comparable
to a clean XYwrite file that you get after removing the goosefeet. It
is full of weird surprises like padded spaces, superfluous returns,
hard-added footers, and messed up text blocks, especially if the person
who wrote it used things like tables. Believe me, I have to deal with
such monstrosities often.
-- Rene