AW: Re: AW: Re: Networks are for corporations and offices, right?

There was move a few years back to introduce a new top-level domain ".name" for private users. This would have solved the problem for private people who happen to have the same name as some well-known company (such as Ford). Museums were supposed to get their own top-level domain as well. I think the idea was quashed because there were some other domains to be introduced at the same time, such as ".xxx" for porn sites, and either the govt or some lobby group objected to the ".xxx" domain. So we all lost out. And the porn sites proliferate anyway.