IBM QUIETWRITER II

Chris,
 I am still having problems with my IBM Quietwriter II and XyWrite. You had
mentioned something about a memory conflict, but I don't remember what you
said. I doubt this is the problem, since we are running Compaqs and haven't had
any problems with anything else. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that I
doubt it. I looked in the 3QUIET.PRN file and the LE string has just a carriage
return (the note shaped thing) but when the file gets output to FO.TMP every
line ends with ESC A (CR) ESC 2. ESC A sets variable line spacing and ESC 2
starts variable line spacing. Any ideas why? I also looked at the FB string. It
tells the printer to use characters from TABLE 2 and sets line length to 13.5
inches. This overrides the factory default switch settings. You had asked about
the switches; all are at the factory setting except # 6 which controls how the
ribbon is used for spaces/tabs.
 Could this have anything to do with the fact that I am using columns
(CT0,25,50)? I have also tried the document with PT 1, PT 2, & PT 3. PT's 2 & 3
print off the right side of the paper. PT 1 gives me the problem I have already
described.
 Thanks in advance for your help again. If we can't solve it this way, I guess
I'll just have to call tech support direct and put their brains to work.

 Remember,

 Stop and smell the roses along the way!

 ----John