Re: quidquid etc.

flash wrote:
Harry, http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14210a.htm
Well, I'll be... Many, many thanks, Flash, for bringing that site to my attention. Yes, its version is more accurate; I was quoting from memory (a bad habit, esp. as I get older and my memory--once worthy of my Druidic ancestors--gets more unreliable). I actually have a hard-copy version of that Catholic Encyclopedia (snabbled it when an office library was being broken up), but would probably not have thought to look under "species." Flash, may I share that snap of Katspersky with my ailurophile friends? I've already showed a printout to several here, to much appreciation. What can he be seeing? Are the chessmen moving? Cats can see flat things--no matter what the animal psychologists claim: ever see a cat look at itself in the mirror (or a dark window)? Unless it's a very old, bored, or intelligent one, it inevitably tries to go behind the mirror to get at that interloper who is trespassing on its turf. -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx