USB printing ??? & DOS2USB pgm

Trying to use a canon MP460 all-in-one USB printer the government has issued me with my beloved Xy. For whatever reason I couldn't get NET USE to capture the LPT1 - kept getting a "network not found" error - even though I KNOW the name of my computer - the shared printer name & the correct CMD syntax to accomplish this. I didn't have time to mess with it - Needed a doc printed. (With pesonal notebook computer I am not allowed on the "actual" GOV network)

On the GOV notebook I scouted the internet & found an inexpensive shareware program called
DOS2USB. downloaded it to thumb drive - transferred to my personal notebook - tried it, liked it,
bought it ($20 USD - lifetime upgrade).

Used it with XyWrite III & IV - Works beautifully with Xy3, printing to Canon USB printer &
even to a PDF doc maker called Doro.

It printed the doc I needed via Xy3 as I had formatted it, even bolded, underlined, & centered
text. Also double space formatting. (I used the Canon 3BJ130.prn driver).

BUT when I tried the exact same doc in Xy4, using Xy4's BJ130.PRN, I got horrible results; illogical
formatting & garbage characters dumped randomly on the page's margin. I tired simple docs
without any formatted text. Also tried different PRN files- standard, generic, & ASCII,
different Canon PRNs, all gave similar results.

I have a support e-mail in to DOS2USB, but knowing the combined experience & wisdom of this
group of distinguished XyWrite aficionados I wanted to turn it this direction too.

Anyone have a clue on this? Is it something inherent to Xy4's pgm code or the Xy4 PRN drivers? Am I
doomed to using Xy3 to print my documents? - I guess I could write them in Xy4 and print them in Xy3
since that is working great. I tried DOS2USB with my old DOS outliner Grand View 2.0 & it worked
wonderfully.

Don't tell anyone, but just for fun I may see if DOS2USB will work with my old copies of WordPerfect
5.1, WordStar 3.0 & 7 lurking in the recesses of my notebook's hard drive - Gee the junk I keep
on my hard drive :)

Joe