XYWIN VS. WPWIN

NS-> On the same machine on which WPWin 6.1 takes about 50 sec. to load,
 -> XYDOS takes about 4 sec. I should add that WPW is tuned to minimize
 -> RAM use, that I load only about a dozen fonts, and that I have 16MB of
 -> RAM and a fast (ca. 13ms) disk.

Hi, Nathan,

You didn't mention whether the time was for loading XyDOS in a
window or DOS itself, so I tested 3.55 in both: about 1 sec each;
actually, a little too fast for me to use my stopwatch).

XyWin 4.11 takes about 5 sec. to load.

I've only 12MB and have about 200 PS fonts active (I used to keep
the number to about a 100, but since switching to the
Adobe PS driver which removed the list from win.ini, I'm not as
diligent about limiting the number), and I've True fonts turned
off. I've 2 hard disks, rated about 14 and 12ma respectively.

My static ram cache is 256K: if you didn't have one, that could
account for the timing differences.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx