DesqView and XyWrite

OK, so I'm a wimp: I installed OS/2-warp, and after three days of
 agony--and a fried controller card--I wiped it from my disk and
my mind. Too slow, too much junk on the computer, too many dumb
pictures to shove around. I installed DesqView, which I love, so
far: fast, simple, stable, and doesn't turn my computer into a
monster.
   But I'm having trouble with the mark and transfer function,
to copy material from other text files and paste into XyWrite
files. It works when I'm in a simple text editor; it refuses to
work with XyWrite/DOS. Just sits there dumbly. Perhaps a
keyboard conflict? Any ideas out there?
   As for Warp: XyWrite did seem to run slightly faster by
itself. But as soon as anything else was loaded up, it slowed to
a crawl. Switching between XyWrite and my dialer or scheduler
was much slower than simply shelling out of XyWrite under DOS.
And I hate those icons...just not a visual person, I guess.