Re: SEARCH FOR FOOTNOTES

Oh, goodie.  I was going to mention that a little error checking would be
nice. Certainly keyboard programming is about the ultimate arcana vis a vis
XyWrite that I cn imagine. Soon I will study it; that way I can once again
postpone learning the help system. Now all I have to do is teach classes,
prepare for a conference, write a food review, go to a political meeting, ....
I would rather just hole up and learn more Xytricks. [Actually, I have high
hopes for this week-long conference I'm going to--it may be boring (and it is
in South Bend), so me and my laptop can sit around learning about 5-byte and
three-byte. ] I find, by the way, that the three-byte, five-byte stuff makes
perfect conceptual sense; it is generally useful after all to distinguish
between a thing and its name. Only in linguistic contexts does it become a)
possible and b) sometimes desirable to conflate them. For instance one could
regard the one-byte A as the command: put an 'A' on the screen. Oh well, only
logicians &
philosophers think the use/mention is interesting.