Searching

I have been scanning old pulp magazines for a publisher. One
repeating problem is to search for each example of a period
followed by a space and then a lower case letter. This is to find
and then delete spurious periods that are flecks of dirt that
have been interpreted as periods by the character recognition
program.
What I have been doing is to search-absolute (sea) for the string
/.[space]a/ and then the string /.[space]b/ and so on through the
alphabet.
Any suggestions on how to do this more easily? Doing a search
for the string /.[space][any-letter]/ won't work, because this
will pick up all the legitimate, end-of-sentence periods as well
as the spurious ones.

George H Scithers
owlswickpress@xxxxxxxx