Re: XySearch server back online again

XySearch is back up. Patricia Godfrey deserves all the credit; she suggested a
method of attaching a notebook hard drive to a workstation IDE adapter; at
length, her idea worked (I retrieved all the data off the old HD).

The URL is the same:

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi

This URL redirects your query to the actual current server, which is at a
different net address than the old disabled XySearch server (and which may
change again in the next few weeks) -- so don't try to access the XySearch
machine directly, but always through the stable serve.com address above.

I took this opportunity to remove from the archives some of the viral
attachments, e.g. those from "Ralph Griswold". It's interesting to note that
all those messages come from the same individual, who is identifiable.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx