XyWrite under WinCE

Hello, everyone.

Earlier there was some talk of running XyWrite on handheld PC's. Someone
mentioned the HP 200 series H/PC, which runs DOS.

I've done a little looking around, and I found a DOS emulator for Windows
CE -- actually, it emulates the IBM 80*86 architecture, and you run your
own version of DOS (up to 6.22). (Actually, it appears that you can run
*any* OS that runs on an IBM 80186 -- such as Linux).
The 80*86 emulator is found at:

	www.xt-ce.com

With this arrangement, you can use XyWrite on a WinCE device.

At one time I looked at the HP 200, but decided against it because of the
tiny keyboard. I need a machine I can touch-type on.

There are two Windows CE H/PCs that seem to be particularly good: the HP
Jornada 680 ($1,000 US -- www.hp.com/jornada/products.html), and the LG
Phenom Ultra ($900 list, but currently available for $500 --
www.lgphenom.com). These Windows CE machines both come with a 75%-size
keyboard. I've test-driven the LG Phenom, and it really makes typing a
breeze.

shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx