Re: WC wildcard

>I'm using XyWrite 3.54 on a daily basis. The text files I use have
>characters near the carriage return, which characters need to be
>replace with other text. I'm trying to get the XPL program I'm writing
>to recognize a carriage return using the WC wildcard character (carriage
>return) (pfunc WC). Every time I save the file the WC character turns
>into something else. Has anyone experienced this problem? I've also
>inserted the musical note (ASCII 8?) and ASCII 13? into the program
>without success. I can get the command line to recognize a carriage
>return with Ctrl-Enter but it would help if I could include the routine
>in the macro itself.
>Thanks,
>Alistair Saldanha

Sort of glad somebody asked. I have the same problem, but always
thought the XY literati would only laugh at such ignorance.
In my case, I've always worked around it by using keystroke recording
with Scroll Lock when it is necessary to recognize a line return.
In that case, it works.
--Rene
--Support the anti-spam amendment. Join at http://www.cauce.org/
--Spam from "ultra-mail.com", "bizprom.com", "ultramax.com",
"eom.net"?
--Tell their provider: postmaster@xxxxxxxx, or phone: 1-888-398-ACSI