re. html docs

< <4212207@xxxxxxxx>
Washington correspondent

Jim: To fix xyDos 4 line endings, ci newlines, then carriage returns and
linefeeds to an unusual char (I use ascii 20), then ci that char to a
newline--the standard 80x86 line ending, often termed a "carriage return"
here, actually a combined carriage return-linefeed. (If you don't know
how to do this, cf. the ci pages of your xyW manual.) You'll probably end
up with more newlines than you want, so write a macro that suits the
pattern of html files you collect. What you do then depends on what kind
of files you have. You may ci the html code you don't want to oblivion by
using the
	BC ci ___ XC
that someone mentioned using. Since the html files I want to clean up for
non-browser use are mixed in with my mail I must use ci html codes to
avoid zapping . ... Ciao. 	--a