printers for xywrite

Dear xywrite users,
I subscribed to this list last week and then quickly unsubscribed, as my mailbox began filling up with a flurry of interesting (but not exactly pertinent to me) messages.  Now, of course, I have a query, and so if people have an answer, they should send it to me directly, since I won't get the replies as a subscriber.  So here's the question:
My laserjet 3 printer just broke, leaving me with an opportunity to buy a color printer.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a current printer that is compatible with one of the xywrite printer files (I use xywrite for dos).  I'd be interested in either laserjet or inkjet.  I've had success with HP black & write printers.  If I can't get a color printer that will work with my dos xywrite, then what do I do?  George at the Technology Group said I could use xywrite for windows and that it would run any printer.  I think I'll need more information on that, since I've been a die-hard dos user (I run xywrite in dos under windows).  Thanks in advance to anyone with any ideas.

Janet Randall

Janet H. Randall, Ph.D.
Director, Linguistics Program
Northeastern University