WILD THINGS

Excerpts from Tyson: When read using an AS ...it contains an ascii 0 followed
by an ascii 76...Through careful programmming, it is possible to write an xpl
program that can test if the command line read by AS contained a wildcard L
.... But getting the null-L combination into a save/get is not an easy trick.
The following:
 ≪SV01,[00]L≫ is required, where [00]L was captured to a save/get by saving
just a wildcard L on the command line, and then inserted that character (which
likes an ordinary L, but isn't) between SV01, and ≫. The following...will
insert a null-L combination at the cursor...:
 ≪SU10,≫BC WL ≪GT10≫≪SXL,≪IS00≫≫@L

(Tyson then claims that XyWrite compresses the nulls out again when it reads in
a file (i.e. not when it saves it))

So if I understand him (I haven't tried it) if I add the appropriate routine to
my stack routine (using a loop rather like the one I use to handle carriage
returns) then I can save it away and it will work; but if I ever CA or CAP my
stack routine then it will be rendered buggy and I will have to redo the
relevant SV command. This obviously affects the portability of such pgms.
(Clearly, the repair routine could be automated....)