Message EOF (Hex 1A)

Ms. Fisher, who describes me as a "OS/2 self-styled power
user", says that my messages always end with an EOF (hex 1A)
which crashes the software she uses to read the list. She
attributes this to my use of OS/2.

For the record, my messages are read and answered using Spry
Mail, a Windows 3.1 mail utility. While it is running in a
Win-OS/2 session (so when I get a GPF, I can just close it),
I do not believe that OS/2 is adding the EOF.

I am reporting the EOF problem to Spry, and will advise the
list of what they say.

Yes, I think some of the OS/2 traffic in this forum is meant
to convey to TTG that some of their customers have made a
commitment to OS/2 and would like TTG to do likewise.
Nothing wrong with that; TTG needs to hear from us on this
and many other issues. While it is sometimes discouraging
to hear complaints from your customers, it's nowhere as bad
as the silence that occurs when they drop you and move to a
competitor.

 Thomas J. Hawley    tjh@xxxxxxxx
 New York      fax +1 212 475 3002