Erratic XyWin Bug

Have any of you XPL writers (for XyWin 4.12) run across a bug
that lops off the last 72 characters (or so) in a file and
causes another part of the file to copy itself (also about 70
characters worth)? I have hit this on several occasions in the
past, always on PMs that involve searching (but not always
replacing) and sometimes in other circumstances. I finally
"isolated" it the other day.

In my test macro, the bug can be caused to appear or disappear
merely by adding an extra SV command. The contents of said SV
are not reused nor is there any text deletion in the macro.
Nonetheless the "buggy" version chops off part of the last
sentence in the target document and otherwise mangles it by
copying and inserting part of the third sentence over itself.

I'm about to send off a diskette to the unbelieving tech support
people at TTG. Has anyone else experienced anything remotely
like this?

Doug Beeson
EDI World Institute
Montreal, Quebec, (still in) Canada beesond@xxxxxxxx